Friday, August 21, 2009

KDKA: what a station!

There are thousand upon thousands of reasons that I love KDKA News.  My love affair with them is borderline creepy at times, I admit.  If I want news, KDKA is where I go.  The only time I switch to one of the other stations is if I want to see their take on a particular story after I have seen it on KDKA.  For example, Penguin player interviews (which would only happen during the playoffs because the other stations barely freakin cover hockey during the rest of the season!!! WTF is up with that?!?!?!?!?) 

 If it were not for David Johnson, who is an excellent newsman btw, WPXI would not still be in existence.  In my perfect world, John Fedko would not even exist.  The only reason I have to ever mention him is to make fun of him.  I can’t stand the guy.  With or without the suspenders, with or without the mustache, fat Fedko or skinny Fedko, I simply detest his very being. 

Sally Wiggin is a bright spot of WTAE, but ever since they lost Joe DiNardo, they lost me as well.  Admittedly, they are not half bad and have some other decent new personalities, but when compared to KDKA, they are left in the dust.

In the next few posts that I add on here, I’ll give you some of the many, many reasons that I love KDKA.  If you don’t love them already, I hope to convince you.  I started to list the personalities and their many fine qualities, but it is way too much for one mere posting.  Therefore, I’ve decided to break it down into smaller posts.   Stay tuned in the days following for more of my love for KDKA.

No comments: